Tuesday 19 November 2013

Who am I? What does your personality type mean?

Have you ever thought about the sort of person you are?

Recently, I discovered a psychometric test commonly known as the Briggs-Meyer test. I may be waaaaaay behind the curve here but if you haven't done it I highly recommend that you do.

The test is 75% accurate. It gives you a four letter personality type from sixteen recognised types. The type of personality that you have can give a good indication of the careers you could try, and outlines your desirable qualities and also what you, for want of a better phrase, might want to work on.

Try the test here Human Metrics and come back and tell me what you are and if it's accurate for you. I'm really interested.


Me? I'm INTJ. This is the rarest group. For me as a female, it's even more rare. My good points are that I'm reliable, intelligent, and able to build systems to help others. I'm fiercey independent and capable. My challenges are that I'm not overly good at expressing my feelings and tend to assume everyone else is an idiot if they don't see things from my perspective. It's pretty accurate for me. I need to work on some stuff.

It told me that I should have a career as a scientist (probably too late for me), an academic (I'm working on it), or as a business consultant (which is partly what I do for a day job). 

It also says that if I was a Harry Potter character, I would be Draco. I disagree that Draco Malfoy is an INTJ (he's a bit of a bumbling idiot). Not everyone who has an evil mind is INTJ. Evil mastermind possibly, but Draco was never a mastermind, more an evil puppet. Anyway, I digress.

So please do come back and share. I want to see if any of you are lesser-spotted female INTJs and how many of you I need to convince that I'm always right about everything and you should listen to everything I tell you! :)

* Please come and follow us on Pinterest. We do funny stuff and student shizzle. And we'll follow you back, promise! *

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, leave us a comment. It will make our day. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...